1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Can't turn down volume of ringer and notifications with volume down button?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Miles of Lief, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Miles of Lief

Miles of Lief Newbie
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Can I really not get my ringer, email, and text to all be turned down at the same time just by simply using the physical volume down button? When I turn down the volume it only turns down the ringer. Then I have to go take extra steps to turn down my email and text. Please tell me I'm missing something and that I can get them all to sync together and turn down at the same time - ya know... like a normal phone.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    When you press your volume button, in the window where the slider appears, On the top right and corner and additional sliders will appear. Try those.

Normally when you are in a particular app/screen the volume buttons should apply to that particular application.

3. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Male
    I just leave the volume settings how I want them and toggle between Sound, Vibrate or Mute mode depending on what I need.

4. Miles of Lief

Miles of Lief Newbie
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow, this seems like a major flaw. How is there not a button underneath all the volume controls section that allows you to sink them all together? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I ONLY WANT TO TURN DOWN THE RINGER VOLUME, YET KEEP MY EMAIL AND TEXT NOTIFICATION VOLUME ON? ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!

5. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    If you hold down the volume button, the ringer will go to vibrate and the notifications and systems volume will mute. Once you restore the ringer sound, the notifications and systems volume will return to the previous level. This is how it's always been with my Android phones and I think it makes sense. Do people set all of their volume levels to the same level? My ringer level is different from my media level, which is different to my notifications and system levels.

6. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    X2

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.