1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Can't turn off alarm after vanilla

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mecampo, Feb 22, 2011.

1. mecampo

mecampo Well-Known Member

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

you need to find and flash the android clock as well.

mecampo likes this.
  3. mecampo

Is this the one with the analog clock icon? i do have it but i freeze it, should i defrost then try?

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

You need the AOSP desk clock. I forget what the icon is, but aren't you on Mikfroyo 4.5? What I was tell you before in your other thread is that you don't need to flash the vanilla lock screen. As long as you leave the ROM the way it is, you can just remove the HTC lock screen in /system/app, and you'll have the rotary lock screen mod, which gives you the option of the vanilla lock screen. The ROM also has the AOSP desk clock, so if that's what you froze, unfreeze it.

mecampo likes this.
  5. mecampo

when you said i have it i already flashed the vanilla lock, i'll try to defrost the clock im saying then try it again and will advise.

thanks

6. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Right, since you already flashed that other one, just use it, but you'll need the AOSP clock anyway. Defrost that, and make sure it's the right one. If I'm not mistaken, mikfroyo 4.5 comes with it, so that should be it.

7. mecampo

so should i use that clock for the alarms instead of the later?

8. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Right, you have to use the AOSP deskclock. If you use the Sense one, the alarms will not turn off until you reboot the phone.

9. mecampo

it worked ;) thanks a lot.

any idea why it FC's when i click on the weather information? what is the weather info associated with it?

thanks again

10. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

What else have you frozen?

11. mecampo

got it news and weather :) thanks again

12. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Yep, that'd be it :). Gotta be careful about what you freeze sometimes ;).

13. mecampo

i think you caught me more than enough freezing stuff that i shouldn't have :)

14. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Lol. Live and learn. Glad you figured out which weather to unfreeze. I knew what I was looking for, but couldn't remember exactly what it was called.

15. mecampo

we have actually 2 right but i have one frozen and one not so i knew right away which is which :)

16. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Right, so mikfroyo comes with the rotary (vanilla) lock screen mod, but it's hidden by the htc lock screen. So, he included both the sense clock (required by the sense lock screen) and the AOSP clock (required by the vanilla lock screen). If you remove the HTC lock screen, you need to use the AOSP clock, and can freeze the sense clock if you like.

Tags: