1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support can't turn off auto-correct aka how big of an idiot am i?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sabesin2001, Jun 26, 2011.

1. sabesin2001

sabesin2001 Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    i have an evo shift 4g, and have never had a problem turning off auto-correct before. since the last software update whenever i try to type a text message or email the guessed words show up and replace with the first choice if i press the space.

i have gone into menu->language&keyboard->touch input->text input-> and unchecked every option, but the suggested words still show up now and auto-replace.

Advertisement

2. SuperDave70

SuperDave70 Member
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    This same thing is happening on my wife's shift since the update. Hopefully this, and the other problems will be fixed quickly!

3. ginglish

ginglish Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    On the Touch Input Settings page, there is also a option under "Hardware Keyborad Settings"

4. mzdaspd3

mzdaspd3 Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Washington State
    what you have to do is go into:

Settings
    Language and Keyboard
    touch input
    text input
    (now this is the weird part) check prediction and then uncheck it. Auto correct will be turned off.

Now if you restart (not power off) your phone you will always have to do this. This is another issue with the update.

5. bradlees

bradlees Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    Same thing happens to me. It changes the settings from time to time on me. Some messages its on, other times its not and I don't touch the settings. Also noticed that it puts me in caps lock a lot when the up arrow has not been pressed and it will not allow me to write in lowercase no matter what. Also, the check boxes do not change in many of my settings options so you can't tell if the setting is on or off. ANyone else?