• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't turn off Google Voice Assistant

Nadya1996

Lurker
Apr 15, 2018
I recently purchased an LG X Power 2, and depending on the headphones or audio jack, Google Voice Assistant is activated and begins to control my phone. It controls the volume, switches and pauses songs and opens up the voice assistant.
I've tried every option I can to turn it off through Google settings and my phone's settings and it doesn't seem to work.
Any ideas on what the issue is and how I may be able to fix it??

Do you have the same issue with multiple headphones? Assistant is normally opened when you long press the answer button on the headphones so I wonder if there's an issue with the headphones as opposed to assistant?
It happens mainly with my earbuds I use on a daily basis as well as the audio jack for my home speaker. That's what I was wondering as well because it is only certain devices

Upvote 0
I would love to hear a fix for this. If I plug a 3.5mm anything that isn't perfectly cleaned, sterilized and re-chromed, and the wire turning causes that static condition, my Google assistant opens up too. This is on an LG Stylo 2+ 550K running Nougat...
I have never welcomed, allowed or been able to stop any of Google's slimy, shit laced GNow, GAssistant, OK/Hey, Hey Google rubbish from starting up on my newer Androids.
Most annoyingly when Stylo's hypersensitive screen picks up on a double press or longer than a nanosecond on the app drawer icon on desktop. Or on, lol yeah LG's egregious double-tap-to-wake function that the user CAN'T disable.

Reactions: Nadya1996
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones