• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant turn off the voice feedback on my phone HELPPP

Kane860

May 12, 2013
I am new to android and have the galaxy s4 running 4.2.2... when ever I use the stock internet app, the phone will say "page loaded" over and over.. and other times when I am in a different app and there is a check box or something, the phone will say "the check box is selected" .... I don't hear the voice that often, but why am I getting voice feedback when I have not turned it on anywhere? I have searched and searched through accessibility and other areas of settings and I cannot figure out how to turn off this darn voice feedback.. can anyone help me?!?!?!

I am new to android and have the galaxy s4 running 4.2.2... when ever I use the stock internet app, the phone will say "page loaded" over and over.. and other times when I am in a different app and there is a check box or something, the phone will say "the check box is selected" .... I don't hear the voice that often, but why am I getting voice feedback when I have not turned it on anywhere? I have searched and searched through accessibility and other areas of settings and I cannot figure out how to turn off this darn voice feedback.. can anyone help me?!?!?!

Sounds like you've got your device "driving mode" setting enabled:

10 Best Samsung Galaxy S4 Features You Might Not Know About | Digital Trends

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I think for my phone, I found out what is causing this voice feedback to occur when talkback is off. I installed an app called MISSEDIT in order to get badges on my 3rd party apps, during this installation and activation of the app, I was prompted by some type of pop up on my screen saying something like "so and so cannot be enabled when talkback is set to on" or some crap like that, then it asked me if I wanted to turn on talk back. It didnt give me the option to say no, so I clicked yes. After that, I keep getting the voice feedback. However, my phone still SHOWS that talk back is turned off. I dunno what the issue is, maybe its a bug. But Im just gonna deal with it because I like the missedit app. Do you guys have this app or do you remember installing an app that caused a popup to appear saying something like your talkback needs to be on or something?

Upvote 0
This is a known bug (with a lot of apps that use accessibility features) that Samsung still has yet to fix. You can track the ongoing saga here:

Forum | SAMSUNG Developers

Also make sure you have the latest version of light flow which does not need access to accessibility services

I already have the latest version of light flow but still it needs access to the accessibility options to have full functions of the light flow to support apps like whatsapp and etc.

Upvote 0
Stock browser? Mine is doing the same, started about day 3. I found a thread in another section talking about it. Unfortunately, I have been reading so many threads lately I forgot where it was. No solutions for you, based on the thread I was trying to remove programs I installed, kind of a trial and error, to see if one of those was causing it.

Someone mentioned it was a known problem and talked about in the developer thread..

Upvote 0
andrei, thank you for the link. That explained it perfectly, and the maker of the app that is causing the issue, actually posted in that thread.. Its NoLed for me. It turns on accessibility, which seems, the phone, thinks is turning on talkback. No fix, but at least I know what the issue is, and I dont have to hunt down a solution anymore.

Upvote 0
I have noticed that any app that requires to be turned on in accessibility to work, will interfere with the talkback crap... that includes apps like MissedIt, Light Flow, etc.. I just downloaded light flow myself and once again it is causing the talkback to occur.. I have noticed that all of these apps that have to be turned on in accessibility will pop up with a message that says something like talkback needs to be enabled... its pretty annoying because it means that I cannot use apps that require being turned on in accessibility unless I want to deal with the annoying talkback..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones