• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant turn off the voice feedback on my phone HELPPP

I am new to android and have the galaxy s4 running 4.2.2... when ever I use the stock internet app, the phone will say "page loaded" over and over.. and other times when I am in a different app and there is a check box or something, the phone will say "the check box is selected" .... I don't hear the voice that often, but why am I getting voice feedback when I have not turned it on anywhere? I have searched and searched through accessibility and other areas of settings and I cannot figure out how to turn off this darn voice feedback.. can anyone help me?!?!?!

I posted this earlier it happens of you have any other app turned on in accessibily settings and mine is tasker.

Upvote 0
It looks like the latest update from Samsung (I can confirm at least for the Sprint version) seems to have fixed this talkback issue.
Earlier, with lightflow installed, I would get the "checked" sound whenever I selected Emails or pictures in the gallery. Now, after the update (MF9 for Sprint), that issue is gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones