• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't turn on Galaxy S4

ejaneevans

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
New phone - less than one week. I had plugged it in at night as I always do - using the supplied charger. This morning I tried to turn on my phone - nothing. Well I do get a green battery - and it says 100% - but then nothing. I have tried holding the power button on and touching the screen for 30 sec (as I read on another posting). Nothing. I tried this with the phone attached and unattached to the power cord. Help!

I hope this is a isolated thing and doesn't start happening to a lot of ppl on the gs4's.
Sorry, it's not isolated - there have been 3 or 4 separate threads discussing the problem which is temporarily solved by pulling the battery. My first S4 started bricking after only an hour past full charge on the charger, which is when I gave up and got a new one. The new one works fine BUT I am very careful not to leave it charging over night, or for that matter, almost any time beyond necessary for full charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones