1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can't turn on my Droid! It keeps rebooting!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drksilent, Nov 29, 2010.

1. drksilent

drksilent New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    PA
    Ok so I turned my droid off this morning, and it wouldn't turn back on when i tried this afternoon. Like no matter how long i press the on button it just wouldn't turn on. When i got home i putted the charger on. This is what happened: It began to turn on like normal, but when it was done loading it would automatically go black and reboot. I have like less than a second after it finishes loading before it restarts. So basically it would just a endless cycle of reboots. When ever i unplugged the charger, it would turn completely black and i cant turn it on, it would only be turned on when charging. So for last couple of hours i left it plugged in charger, and it still keeps doing this cycle of reboots. Help what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =((((( :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

***I have the moto droid and i been using it for almost a year.***

Advertisement

2. drksilent

drksilent New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    PA
    oh yeah btw i didnt root it

3. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    You may have a bad battery. Do you have access to a different one, maybe from a friend, that you could use to test?
    The fact that is boots into the OS at all is a good sign.
    At worse, you may need to reflash. You can try that yourself or go to a V store.
    Data on your SD card should be safe but I would remove the SD card if you go with the V store, just in case.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Check the battery's water damage indicator. If it is not Xs (or +s, depending upon how you look at it) then the battery may indeed have gotten damaged.