1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't turn on WIFI after update

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Android Question

Hi,

A few weeks ago, my Samsung Galaxy SII updated itself to the newest Android version. About a week later, I couldn't turn on my wifi anymore. Whenever I select it, it turns dark green and then again grey.

Also, when I restart my phone, I get a message "Can't download file", but I'm not downloading anything so I don't know what this is for.

What to do?
    Thanks!
    Tijs

2. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member

Welcome to Android forums!

Try to download this program:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brilliapps.wifiandmorefixer&hl=en

It will take a while to run (be patient!) If this does not resolve the issue, wipe the cache partition:

Get Android into Restore Mode and Wipe Cache in Samsung Galaxy S2 - YouTube

If that does nto work, then you will have to try a factory reset. Be aware if you factory reset and WiFi still does not work you may be unable to restore google contacts to your phone since you cannot access WiFi!!!!

I hope these options provide you some direction. If you have further questions you mat post a new question using the ask a question banner on the site, or you can go a step further and register with us and receive interactive support from our community!

Have a spiffy day