• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't uncheck critical "do not show message again" box

Beadmaster

Aug 6, 2020
I don't use the standard Samsung charging cable for a couple of reasons - it's too short and it's old and worn out, so it won't work no matter what. Since I find the standard cable is useless due to being much too short, instead of wasting money on another cable that will be too short and wear out, I use a non-standard longer cable that works and when it wears out, I buy another.

At this time my cable is wearing out and I've placed another on order. Thus, I depend on the pop-up message that shows my phone is no longer properly charging.

Except the last time I went to hit the "ok," my finger grazed the "do not show this message again" checkbox as I went to tap okay and now I can't find where to turn the message box back on. Which means my phone ends up not charging and I don't know it until everything starts shutting down, no matter how diligent I am about checking. Since Android doesn't have a convenient indicator that shows it's not actually charging, all I can do is see if the percentage is going up or down.

The closest thing I could find was under Settings/Apps/Battery/Charging, but there is NO option for that message. The only options under that are: "Fast charging" and "Fast wireless charging."

Please tell me how to find where the message is stored so I can uncheck that box. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones