1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't uncheck critical "do not show message again" box

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Beadmaster, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Beadmaster

Beadmaster Lurker

I don't use the standard Samsung charging cable for a couple of reasons - it's too short and it's old and worn out, so it won't work no matter what. Since I find the standard cable is useless due to being much too short, instead of wasting money on another cable that will be too short and wear out, I use a non-standard longer cable that works and when it wears out, I buy another.

At this time my cable is wearing out and I've placed another on order. Thus, I depend on the pop-up message that shows my phone is no longer properly charging.

Except the last time I went to hit the "ok," my finger grazed the "do not show this message again" checkbox as I went to tap okay and now I can't find where to turn the message box back on. Which means my phone ends up not charging and I don't know it until everything starts shutting down, no matter how diligent I am about checking. Since Android doesn't have a convenient indicator that shows it's not actually charging, all I can do is see if the percentage is going up or down.

The closest thing I could find was under Settings/Apps/Battery/Charging, but there is NO option for that message. The only options under that are: "Fast charging" and "Fast wireless charging."

Please tell me how to find where the message is stored so I can uncheck that box. Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

You may have to do a factory reset

3. Beadmaster

Beadmaster Lurker

@Dannydet - thank you. I was afraid of that, but definitely appreciate the info.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" screen, 12MP camera, 6GB storage, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews