• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Uninstall Some Applications.

Linux404

Lurker
Dec 24, 2012
A little while ago we got the tab 10.1" tablet. I use my desktop and it was intended mainly for someone else in the household however I might use it also upon occasion. Someone's installed an application that in-turn has installed three other applications with rather generic names such as 'cool apps' and 'droid apps'. They don't seem to appear with the other applications when attempting to uninstall them.

The tablet does currently have AVG installed despite receiving Norton I think it was when we bought the tablet. I'll have to get around to installing that. However I've often heard that Norton on the PC only works when it wants to?

How can I uninstall those applications and is Norton on Android any good?

You can always try rooting (at your own risk!) and using NoBloat or App Backup & Restore from the Play store and remove unwanted apps that way.

NoBloat is a bit riskier than AppB&R because it lists all the system apps up front, while the latter app requires you to select an option to show all the system apps. Whatever you decide, do so at your own risk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones