1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't unlock Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MonarchX, Sep 22, 2010.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX Newbie
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    So I want to have all the apps available in Android Market and I cannot get Market Enabler to install. When I launch the MarketEnabler_3.0.8.apk - I get an error saying "Install Blocked - bla bla since application not sourced in Android Market". What do I do? I downloaded command line app called Android Shell Emulator and I'm supposed to enter adb install MarketEnabler_v3.0.8.apk

But it does not work - it just says erroroutput[adb; not found. I placed the MarketEnable file in the root phone directory. My Samsung Captivate is properly rooted. So how the hell am I supposed to get that command and the damn Market to work properly???????????????????????????????????????

Also, I accidentally uninstalled the Where program that came with my phne and I cannot find it on Android Market to reinstall it....Do I need unlocked Android market for that?

Advertisement

2. defkorn

defkorn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    The error message you talk about is probably regarding allowing non-market software to run. Go to Settings > Applications and check "Unknown sources". I'm not sure how to fix theother issues you're having, but maybe this will solve it all.

3. ls377

ls377 Member
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Unless you have a custom ROM, the "unknown sources" option shouldn't be there.

The only way I've heard is to do it using the computer. You can either use the SDK or the Sideload Wonder Machine.

4. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Depends on your phone. You have an Aria, so I'm guessing you have that AT&T anti-sideloading bs to deal with. On my Evo, that option has always been available, stock or custom ROM.

5. ls377

ls377 Member
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Yeah, it's like that on every ATT phone, such as the Captivate.