1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can't update any app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Anamacha, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Anamacha

Anamacha Well-Known Member

I can't seem to update any application now. I've installed Harmonia 1.3, I did it rigbht this time and did not restore system data. I used Titanium Backup to put things back on my phone; that went okay. I installed a few apps just fine.

All of a sudden, though, when I go to the Market and either install a new app or update one already on my phone, something strange happens. The download starts, it pauses on its own, starts again, and then cancels entirely with no diagnostic message.

What gives?

I managed to get one of the missing apps on my phone by downloading the .apk, but I can't count on doing it that way every time. Besides, the Market method works better anyhow.

Since I'm using Harmonia 1.3, it's got the older Market (dev cites some incompatibility). Maybe that's it?

I'd delete the last post I made that was more or less about this issue, but I can't figure out how.

edit: I tried again, and it looked like it was going to install the update I requested. Then it forced a spontaneous reboot -- back to the green Harmonia screen, not the first white one.

edit: did some research, went to settings > applications > market and cleared cache. No dice. I'm using Market 2.3.6

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast

Try clearing the cache and data. If that didn't work, you can try turning off your phone, pull the battery, hold the power button for about 10 seconds to drain any residual charge and rebooting.

3. Anamacha

Anamacha Well-Known Member

nope. Did the same thing after the reboot. Did just as you said above.

Interestingly, I now have a different list of applications to update. The new one is smaller, and I believe all these were on the first list. But it is different.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews