1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't Update Apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Kessie, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Kessie

Kessie Newbie

For about a month now, the Market hasn't been updating my apps very well. Since it's having these problems, there will be at least 20 updates to do, and only maybe 1 or 2 will be successful. The rest say "Update Unsuccessful" in my status bar, and when I click on them, it says "Unknown Reason - 18." I have seen the advice about clearing the data on the Market app and the Download Manager. Tried that. It will be able to successfully update maybe 4 apps after that, but the next time I try to update apps, it goes back to the old unsuccessful rate. I've tried pushing "Update all," and I've tried updating them individually in case having so many updates was overwhelming the app... I don't know what to do. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kessie

Kessie Newbie

Oh... and I've tried both on Wifi and 3G.

3. barqers

barqers Android Expert

I would say go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> market -> clear data & cache.

Try again. If that doesn't work, go to the market again, and this time instead of clear data & cache, click uninstall updates.

4. Kessie

Kessie Newbie

Thanks. But I've tried both of those. No luck. Anything else?

5. msguy1107

msguy1107 Lurker

I have this same problem and can't get it to work either...and its happening on BOTH my phone!

6. hilman

hilman Newbie

Some of the apps I try to install show the unknown error - 18, I have to unmount my SD card (Settings->SD & phone storage->Unmount SD card), install updates/app, re-mount the SD card and then move them over to the SD card (if applicable).

Cheers