1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Can't Update Drivers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Guitarman, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Guitarman

Guitarman Active Member

May 22, 2009
    I downloaded the android sdk on my windows laptop. I also downloaded the usb drivers but when I do a wizard setup to apply them to my eris it is unable to find the drivers even though I click on the right folder.

Advertisement

2. nova77

nova77 Active Member

Apr 2, 2010
    try downloading all the available packages (if you haven't already) and try again

3. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    If you have Windows 7 I suggest you read this post

4. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    What OS are you running? I just had to reformat my XP laptop and when I downloaded the SDK again I couldnt get the usb drivers to install either. I did a lot of searching and someone suggested downloading and installing HTC Sync and that worked for me. Even tho I still couldn't install the drivers after, I was still able to access the adb shell.

5. elbacker

elbacker Member

Feb 23, 2010
    I just had the same problem on my netbook (xp). It probably depends on your os but what I did was open the device manager find the android adb phone listing. I clicked on the + sign and then right clicked on the device and clicked uninstall. I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in with usb debug selected and left charge only selected. The new device wizard came up and I browsed to the sdk folder and chose usb. It brought up two options for drivers I choose the second one (it said is was not signed) and it installed the driver from the sdk. All is good now. I did have to repeat the process after installing a ROM. If you need better instructions let me know.

6. Guitarman

Guitarman Active Member

May 22, 2009
    I'm using a netbook (xp).

7. elbacker

elbacker Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Try what I typed above. seems the driver that you downloaded with the sdk is different than what you are trying to use. I have a broken finger so typing is not that easy. If what I wrote does not make sense let me know and I will try and explain it better. I found very little by searching just trial and error and it was very frustrating when I thought I was doing everything correctly. I am all good now.