1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cant update from 2.1-update1 to 2.2 htc incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrLangly, Feb 7, 2011.

1. DrLangly

DrLangly Lurker

Hello fellow forum members;

I have done a lot of searching on the forums and still cannot find clear steps as to going about upgrading my DINC from 2.1-update1 with baseband 1.00.03.04.06 to a 2.2 working rom. Most of the time, i'll download the zip and rename it 'update' but it will fail and abort.

Initially, I rooted, then followed the walkthrough video to UNroot. Now, ive been stuck on 2.1-update1 for days and my phone will not update to 2.2 OTA and im getting extremley frustrated. THis firmware is no good whatsoever. Can anyone help me in getting the CORRECT, WORKING zip package to load into recovery?? Im desperate.:thinking::mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Let me first cover a couple of bases. You are unrooted, correct? Because the root will usually prevent an firmware update. Secondly, are you trying to update manually because the OTA failed? Because that could indicate you have a problem with your phones software that is preventing the update.

What program are you using to rename it? In some filemanagers you need to name it "update.zip" as opposed to "update" (and the FM appends the .zip extension.

Anyways, here is the direct google link for the update http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_incredible/8e5ad8d6ea2d.OTA_IncredibleC_Verizon_WWE_3.21.605.1_1.22.605.2_release_sign.zip

3. DrLangly

DrLangly Lurker

I had rooted my phone, and decided it wasnt for me and went ahead and un-rooted the device. Upon unrooting, i installed 2.1-update1 and havent been able to update OTA or when i download a direct update zip, rename it appropriatley and do an hboot into recovery; it will give me a 'Status 7' error.

My baseband is: 1.00.03.04.06
    My software # is: 1.22.605.0

Im running windows 7 and am 100% sure i am renaming the file correctly. I have tried the link you supplied me and replaced it with the current update.zip im using and still i recieve a STATUS 7 error upon loading the zip.

:(

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

First step is to format your sd card to FAT32. Then follow the instructions found here(you will be naming the file to PB31IMG.zip not update.zip), in your case it is an upgrade, not a downgrade though. (also ignore the "s-on" instructions)
    http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

Fyi: You are not receiving the 2.2 ota because you don't have the correct software version, you are missing a maintenance update that came out in may 2010 which is also the reason you are getting the "error 7" message. But you should be able to load froyo from the file in the link above.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Definitely the way to go. If you don't have your card formatted to FAT32 and don't want to mess with it, you might try the RUU first. It's also in the above link toward the bottom of the OP. Either method will get you to current 2.2. Just two different ways of doing the same thing. RUU gets downloaded and run from a PC.

6. lowman5150

lowman5150 Newbie

I had the same issue, tried all the listed steps to no avail. I returned to the VZW store and let one of their techs try too but he couldn't fix it either.
    So they sent me a new phone.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews