1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't Update My Galaxy S5

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by txdxxl, Sep 4, 2016.

1. txdxxl

txdxxl Lurker
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    I have the Korean Broadband LTE A version of the Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) and i want to update it to Marshmallow (it's on Lollipop currently). I went to setttings>system updates but all i got was "your system is up to date". I installed Kies on my laptop and tried updating my phone from there, but all i got was "your system is up to date" again. I had done some research and found out that marshmallow was being rolled out for my phone in May, so i know for a fact that my system is not up to date. Can someone on here please help me update my phone?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China

Are you in Korea
    (that is South, not North)? Or are you somewhere else, and you bought it in Korea or you imported it? Because I believe Samsung can restrict updates and support for the phone version's country or region, to deter grey imports probably.

3. txdxxl

txdxxl Lurker
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    I am not in Korea sadly. I'm assuming my phone is an import. Another thing i forgot to mention, i downloaded "Updato" from the play store (its an app that finds updates for your phone and gives you an option to download firmware) and I searched for an update for my phone and the best it could come up with was the Hong Kong TGY version of the 6.0 firmware. Does this mean that the TGY Korea version has not been released yet? And would it be safe to flash the hong kong firmare onto my phone via odin? Will I run into problems by installing another country's firmware? Does the bootloader have to be unlocked for that?