• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't update OTA

JoeNewbie

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
At ZV9 trying to take update via OTA. I do not have access to internet other than the phone, so LG Updater tool and downloading the 300 mb cab file are out of the question for now.
Have unrooted, reinstalled all bloatware, removed all instances of superuser, installed shortcut via anycut for Mobile Care. Mobile care will download the update, reboot the phone, but phone boots into CWM recovery. I press "reboot now" in CWM, phone reboots......Message from updater saying to leave power on it is not finished......Then message "Update failed" FOTA error. I go Back into Mobile care, hit info button.....
Update status: Failed update
Reason code:408
Update package size:5.04 MB
I am assuming this is because of CWM Recovery.
Looking through my download dir on the SD card, I found that Metro left a cab file in there. "MS840VV5_02.SVV5_02.P3032.cab" 1.08 MB
I converted it to a kdz......Any thoughts on applying it as is?
How can I disable, uninstall CWM recovery??

I have progressed a little further......
I flashed "CWM-Loop-DeLooper.zip" in CWM recovery.....I assume this removed CWM Recovery. I tried OTA updated again and after the downland, the phone rebooted without CWM, and I got the little android download animation.......Then update failed......New update failure code 410

I still have romtoolbox pro installed.....Rom Manager is uninstalled

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones