1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't update to android 3.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brentulus, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Brentulus

Brentulus Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I just got my transformer second-hand today. I've unpacked it and everything is working fine, only I see in the settings that the Android version is still 3.0.1, and I can't seem to get it to give me the option to upgrade to 3.1 anywhere. Can anybody suggest why this may be happening, and possibly offer a solution? Or point me to a thread where this has been discussed before? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Brent.

Advertisement

2. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    IT 'Anal'yst
    Leeds
    theres one further down the threads about it, but to sum up head to the asus support download site and you can download the update and SOP.pdf. follow the guide (use a micro sd card thats formatted) and you should be 3.1 in no time

3. Brentulus

Brentulus Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Hi,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I established that I have the WW make, downloaded and unzipped the update file, copied the ASUS folder to the root directory of a micro-SD card, inserted it into the machine, and saw that it registered the card in the notifications area.

Now the SOP.pdf says that an exclamation mark should appear, letting me know that there is an update available, but it doesn't appear. In 'Settings' I told it to check for an update, and it searched for longer than normal, but still said there was no update available. Now I'm stuck again - any ideas?

4. eddiewawa

None

Aug 25, 2010
    IT 'Anal'yst
    Leeds
    hi dude, hmmm....seems everything's right there...

Q) did you copy it all into a formatted blank miro sd card? and during the unzipping process, was this all done on a pc/laptop or purely on the Transformer using something like AndroZip?

but yes you could get a traingle notification marker popping up asking if you want to update or not.

keep it poste here if you still have any issues dude, as it took me a few attempts at first

Eddie

5. Brentulus

Brentulus Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Got it working - turns out in my unzipping enthusiasm I had also unzipped another file further down inside the ASUS folder. *DUMB* I just repeated everything again without the second unzip, and it worked straight away.

6. eddiewawa

None

Aug 25, 2010
    IT 'Anal'yst
    Leeds
    lol it happens to the best of us, welcome to the 3.1 family