1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't update to jellybean (screenshot)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tnsmileychick, Jul 5, 2013.

1. tnsmileychick

tnsmileychick Member

I've been trying to update my phone to jellybean for weeks now with no luck. I finally took a picture of the screen I keep getting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. animusfl

animusfl Member

Which method are you using to upgrade? OTA? Try this thread
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5841259
    From the screenshot it looks like it isn't finding update.zip

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

LilBit likes this.
  3. tnsmileychick

tnsmileychick Member

I first tried ota a few times but it never works. Then yesterday I tried the way you suggested 3 times or more. Each time I got an error message saying I don't have LGMobileDL.dll on my computer. I'm beginning to think i just need to buy a phone with 4.1 already on it. :thinking:

4. animusfl

animusfl Member

Wow. OK. I would try uninstalling all lg drivers, rebooting and reinstalling the drivers again. Make sure you follow all steps in the flash process, did you skip something by accident? Perhaps try a different PC if possible. I've never had that particular problem so I'm at a loss when it comes to a quick fix.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

5. tnsmileychick

tnsmileychick Member

Did the above real fast this am but didn't work. When I get home today I'm going to try again from my other computer. Thanks for the advice.

6. JJPR97

JJPR97 Well-Known Member

7. MykeHawke

MykeHawke Newbie

or you could just stick with ICS. The jellybean update for the Venice is horrible and will likely start causing other issues. "Downgrading" back to ICS was one of the best things I've done with my phone.

8. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

Your are not on complete stock. Go back to fully stock ICS no edits whatsoever. The script is basically saying you changed something with the font.

LG Venice Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews