• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Upgrade my S3 from version 4.1.1 to latest

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Lte GT-I9305 & I dont have the update software function or developer settings. I'm on a 2 year contract with Orange/EE (U.K) which ends November 2014. I'm wanting to upgrade my andriod version to the latest one as im still on Android version 4.1.1

I know how to access the phone setting to restore to factory settings & custom ROM using Power off/on button, Homescreen button & Volume up/down button.

Any ideas how I can update my android version ?
I'm not sure how to do custom ROM and dont want to damage my mobile. If anyone knows how I can upgrade my android version or how I can get the software upgrade function to work on my mobile, It would be much appreciated.

I have seen the factory restore menu but never actually done a restore and not sure what I would need to do, Ff this was the case.

Not sure if restoring my mobile to factory settings would sort anything out. I am missing out on new features due to not having the latest android version.

Hey bro. Wrong forum so ill ask a mod to move it to the s3 forum k?
Have you tried using the Kies software on your pc?
Factory reset wont help :beer:
Welcome to the community btw :)

I have never used any software. If you could direct me to a step by step guide how to use keis and what ever else I need to do ill be greatful.

Upvote 0
from Version 4.1.1, It has now upgraded to Version 4.1.2. I thought it would have upgraded to version 4.3 as my brother also has an S3 and he is on version 4.3. Is he running a completely different Android OS to me ? I thought all the same model of phone run the same android OS. My mobile is now at it's latest update.

Thanks to the upgrade I now have the 'Update Software' button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones