• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use Blur with other launchers installed

dmbfan13

Feb 5, 2010
Not sure if this has been answered or not. I did see someone mention it in another forum, but didnt see an answer.

When other launchers are installed (launcher pro, ADW, GO, etc), I cannot go back to the "Home Launcher" (Blur). The only way I can switch back is by using Home Switcher. But even so, I cant make Blur my default launcher. When I clear defaults for a launcher and I press the home button, only the launchers I installed come up.

Anyone else experiencing this??

Not sure if this has been answered or not. I did see someone mention it in another forum, but didnt see an answer.

When other launchers are installed (launcher pro, ADW, GO, etc), I cannot go back to the "Home Launcher" (Blur). The only way I can switch back is by using Home Switcher. But even so, I cant make Blur my default launcher. When I clear defaults for a launcher and I press the home button, only the launchers I installed come up.

Anyone else experiencing this??

Have you tried "home switcher" app in the market?

Upvote 0
Just a heads up. I found out the hard way that Moto Home Fix breaks the home key function when using the Blur launcher as your default. It will no longer snap back to the main screen, nor the flyout feature that shows all the home screens when you press home from the primary screen. If you uninstall it, the function returns.

Not sure this would happen to everybody, but it certainly did for me.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up. I found out the hard way that Moto Home Fix breaks the home key function when using the Blur launcher as your default. It will no longer snap back to the main screen, nor the flyout feature that shows all the home screens when you press home from the primary screen. If you uninstall it, the function returns.

Not sure this would happen to everybody, but it certainly did for me.

Yep, happened to me as well. Decided to uninstall LP+ for now so I can give Blur a fair trial. There are some things I like about it (am I the only one who actually likes the transitions?) but I sure do miss my LP+ widgets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones