1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't use my g1 phone.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lsndespi, Mar 3, 2011.

1. lsndespi

lsndespi Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    I live in Erie,PA
    Can anyone help me with this problem i have?
    I have the g1 phone. I first got it from t-mobile, and had it for 1 month with their service, then i switched my services to simple mobile. The other day i accidentally hit a button that cleared some data as well as my gmail account. Since then i'm unable to go into my phone, not even the settings. All i'm able to do is make emergency calls. I've called t-mobile for some help since i was told to do so by htc, the makers of g1, and they weren't able help since i have no account with them, neither can htc.
    I want to know what i can do. On my current service i have no internet. The phone keeps saying "you don't have a network connection. This could be a temp problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services. Please try again when your connected. If continues call cust care."
    what i wanna know is since i have no internet on my service, will getting internet fix my problem, since i have to log in to my google account? I tried rebooting it, and didn't work.
    Can anyone help. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Do you have WiFi access? Maybe you could enable WiFi and then re-configure your Gmail account info. That might alleviate some of the issues...

lsndespi likes this.
  3. lsndespi

lsndespi Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    I live in Erie,PA
    did that, and it still says the same thing.

4. lsndespi

lsndespi Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    I live in Erie,PA
    the only thing i could do as far as settings is the wireless. choices are data roaming, use only 2g networks, network operators, and access point names. when i click on the last choice it takes me to apn's t-mobile us, whatever that is. after i click on that it takes me to edit access point. it names the following: name(says t-mobile us),apn(has epc.tmobile.com),proxy,port,username,password,server,mmsc(has an url),mms proxy,mms port, mcc(says 310),mnc(says 260),and apn type.
    i have no idea what any of this is.
    i keep thinking that if i get internet it'll work, but i don't wanna go do that and waste money and that not being the problem.