• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use swift key while charging (Froyo 2.2)

albnyblows

Jul 14, 2010
First off I did the RUU update. I have no patience to wait for verzion and the OTA. Second my apologies if this has been asked before but i did try searching with no luck...

I noticed that after updating, while the phone is charging the SD card is no longer available. I am charging via a wall outlet (not a PC) and it is a verizon adapter. Once you plug it in you can no longer use the SD card (which is needed by swiftkey) to make text suggestions...

Is anyone seeing this or having an issue accessing their SD card while charging???

Also as a side note, I can no longer push the menu key to unlock the phone... this one is kind of annoying...

I have access to the scard, BOTH while wall charging and charging by USB on a PC.

The only time you lose access is on a PC when you select "disk drive"

I just tested both. This sounds like a bug in swift key.

edit: if you can't access at all...

have you tried a re-boot?

back-up your apps and do a factory wipe?

when you on un-plug it do you get the "preparing sdcard..." thing in the status bar?

Upvote 0
I have access to the scard, BOTH while wall charging and charging by USB on a PC.

The only time you lose access is on a PC when you select "disk drive"

I just tested both. This sounds like a bug in swift key.

edit: if you can't access at all...

have you tried a re-boot?

back-up your apps and do a factory wipe?

when you on un-plug it do you get the "preparing sdcard..." thing in the status bar?

I don't think it has to do with swiftkey because i can't access the SD card info from the settings menu either. If by re-boot you mean to turn it off then back on, yes. Not really up for another factory wipe right now, just updated everything yesterday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones