• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't use the internal SD card free space ? here is a solution

Hey guys , i was confused about this one but i found a solution and it only need Root explorer app https://market.android.com/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer

After you install this app open the "SD card" its mounted as Read only by default so all you need to do is mounting as R/W then copy/pase/delete whatever you want :D

Wouldn't work for me...as soon as you select sdcard the r/o r/w option vanishes, and if you try changing the permissions for the sdcard it crashes root explorer.... anybody else get different results?

Upvote 0
Wouldn't work for me...as soon as you select sdcard the r/o r/w option vanishes, and if you try changing the permissions for the sdcard it crashes root explorer.... anybody else get different results?

what permissions are you changing ? just click on Mount R/W if it vanishes then you are rooted as Read/Write and you can manipulate data on sd card , if you re click you are mounting it again to Read only

Upvote 0
what permissions are you changing ? just click on Mount R/W if it vanishes then you are rooted as Read/Write and you can manipulate data on sd card , if you re click you are mounting it again to Read only

I wrote.....

Wouldn't work for me...as soon as you select sdcard the r/o r/w option vanishes

so the option to set read only or read write vanishes when you select SDCARD...you cannot select it, it is not there. .The only other option is to go to the PERMISSIONS tab but if you de-select 'write' it crashes 'root explorer'.

You can set r/o and r/w for the root and some other folders, but SDCARD is not one of them.

Upvote 0
I wrote.....

Wouldn't work for me...as soon as you select sdcard the r/o r/w option vanishes

so the option to set read only or read write vanishes when you select SDCARD...you cannot select it, it is not there. .The only other option is to go to the PERMISSIONS tab but if you de-select 'write' it crashes 'root explorer'.

You can set r/o and r/w for the root and some other folders, but SDCARD is not one of them.

im sorry for that , it works perfectly for me :D

Upvote 0
ummm..ok. well it doesn't work on v2.17.2, which is the latest release. Maybe it's something to do with the firmware version, Tim did alter the SDCARD mapping in his firmwares, perhaps that has affected the way root explorer addresses the card memory.

I am running Tim6a rom and im not facing any problem , i had a problem with SD card keep going from R/W to R/O before but i solved it by reflashing tim6a rom again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones