• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't view or upload pictures, gallery won't open

ga87

Lurker
Jan 3, 2012
Okay for sone reason my phone won't let me view my pictures no matter how many times I try or how many different apps I try. Gallery won't open, I can't upload pictures for backgrounds on Handcent or upload them to Facebook.

The only errorr message I get says "Not enough memory. Delete some items." I don't understand how that could be the issue though because it will let me take pictures all I want it just won't let me view them. Not to mention I have free space on both my phone and SD card.

This is incredibly frustrating, please help.
Also, I don't think it's relevant but my phone os a Sharp ADS-1

Reactions: zunigames
Hi,
I had the same problem. The photos were there, in the default folder (DCIM), but opening the Gallery I could not see the folders, either the photos. This happened upon upgrading my Gingerbread version.
I have the i9000 routed, I used the "Fix Permissions" option from the ClockWorkMod program called RomManager, and that fixed my issue. Now opening the Gallery shows all the photo & video folders.
Before using this solution, be sure that you know how to root your phone with the correct root version for your Operating system, and have the responsibility to learn the use of rooting options..
Regards
----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay for sone reason my phone won't let me view my pictures no matter how many times I try or how many different apps I try. Gallery won't open, I can't upload pictures for backgrounds on Handcent or upload them to Facebook.

The only errorr message I get says "Not enough memory. Delete some items." I don't understand how that could be the issue though because it will let me take pictures all I want it just won't let me view them. Not to mention I have free space on both my phone and SD card.

This is incredibly frustrating, please help.
Also, I don't think it's relevant but my phone os a Sharp ADS-1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones