• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't view pictures sent to me on the hero

When someone send me pictures sometimes even important ones I can't view them y is this and I can view pics on a cheap ten dollar phone.

Lol, you should be using Handcent, that's why.

What Joe is saying, is that the stock messaging app leaves some things to be desired to some people. The Handcent messging app, which is available free in the market, does many things better, including the handling of MMS, or pictures in texts. Give it a try..

Upvote 0
Have you upgraded to 2.1? If not, and instead of getting a picture you get a download button that doesn't work, this is a known problem with android 1.5. If you want to stay with 1.5 then a hard reset will fix the problem (although it may happen again, the problem came back after a month for me), otherwise the issue can be fixed by upgrading to 2.1. For pictures that you have already received, you can still view them on the sprint picture mail website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones