• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't view webpage correctly, works FINE with Droid Incredible

Hello,

Looks like a great forum here so hopefully someone can help me out with a problem. I have a Droid Razr for work and need to access a website for it on the go sometimes. The website does not have a mobile version so when I am on the webpage I hit menu>request desktop site and that brings the website up fine. The problem I am having is the phone will not let me scroll around the webpage and only loads what is originally on the screen when it first loads. Then when I try to zoom in and zoom back out, when zoomed out it only shows now what I first zoomed in on. Kind of hard to explain, but I tried this in the stock browser and in chrome. In chrome it will not even let me zoom in.

My personal phone is a Droid Incredible and when accessing the website I went to settings and just un-checked "mobile views" and the website works perfect, zooms in/out etc, so I know its a setting somewhere on the phone and not the website. I don't get how my old Droid Incredible can get access it but the newer Droid Razr I can't get to work!

Thank you for the help.

The RAZR is perfectly capable of handling regular web pages. You don't need to request any desktop version for it to work properly.

Maybe I am doing something wrong then or there is another setting I am missing? I originally clicked the request desktop version because when I typed in the website it defaults by putting a .mobile in front of it. I don't want it to do that or not sure why it is doing that. Maybe it will work if I can change this setting? Which I'm not sure how to do or if that is even the problem.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Sometimes there's nothing you can do about websites pulling a .mobile in front. They can detect when a smart phone accesses the website. So's not to p*** off the lesser smartphones, they'll automatically dumb-down their site in an effort not to overload those phones. I've an employee website I'd LOVE to get on remotely, but it will not even let me sign on...all because I'm on a smartphone. Even though I'm on a top-notch phone. Until technology advances, this is what we're stuck with.

Upvote 0
Sometimes there's nothing you can do about websites pulling a .mobile in front. They can detect when a smart phone accesses the website. So's not to p*** off the lesser smartphones, they'll automatically dumb-down their site in an effort not to overload those phones. I've an employee website I'd LOVE to get on remotely, but it will not even let me sign on...all because I'm on a smartphone. Even though I'm on a top-notch phone. Until technology advances, this is what we're stuck with.
That's the part I do not understand, it works perfectly fine on my Droid Incredible though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones