• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't Wait for iPhone 4/5 for Verizon

Now I know I will get bashed a lot, but I feel I know what I am talking about.
I've done the whole nine yards rooted, tried multiple roms, tethered

Yes it comes down to personal preference, but I feel that the iPhone is a much better phone for me.

Syncing with iTunes is a huge plus mostly for my movies

Integration with gmail is just as good as it is on the Android

Android has an up on google navigation

But the biggest thing I feel is the App Store. I recently test drove my old ipod touch and wow. The selection is great and the quality of apps is so much higher then android. You can't tell me that you look at app comments in android and see people always complaining about their specific android phone not working with that app

That...I hate

The final thing I'll comment on is the iphone and its connector....almost everything has it and makes it such a universal mp3 player, and now airplay for iphone? that will take over home theater system like it nothing will android sits in the dust due to its many phones.

Yes I know you guys ill hate me, but it's what I think. I will be done with android and its force closes as soon as the verizon iphone comes out and I wont look back

Yup, i hate you.

I agree with the iPod connector but I have an iPod Classic so whatever. iTunes blows, I have other media players that do full sync with my iPod and phone for free (plus they have MilkDrop as a visualizer, god i love that).

If you switch, best of luck. Try the MIUI ROM and see what you think, do what I did...use the MIUI with no added launchers or customization (no editing the homescreen preferences) and see how quickly stuff like an app drawer become a necessity.

My roommate has 2 iPads and 3 iPhones (3G, 3GS & 4) I hate all of them. Tablet idea is cool but I'll get the HTC tablet. In terms of Home Theater, getting the Google TV Revue box soon...

Upvote 0
I'm a flashing addict. I loved Cyanogen for a long time, but every ROMs caught up and were better (hoping 6.1.0 comes soon). Loved SkyRaider for a bit too but IncDoes Z port had better HTChub integration so I went there. MIUI held my attention for a very long time, I LOVED it. Best battery life of any ROM (pending the testing of the current Feather ROM I'm running) but I had little issues (may be fixed now that N_I_X took over). It rebooted a lot, still a bunch of stuff in chinese and just wasn't a daily driver for me.

Upvote 0
Don't hate you, I pity you. Put iTunes on your computer and see what a processor hog that thing really is. Even with it running in the background, all of the things it needs to function properly bogs down most any system. Yeah, I guess the app store probably does top Android for now, it is several years ahead in development. Android will catch up and surpass it. Free market systems always dominate controlled systems, given time. Your phone would have NO force close errors if you didn't root. I guarantee that if you "jailbreak" an iPod 4 and load different ROMS, etc, you will come up with a conflict or two. But hey, enjoy your AppPhone, I'll enjoy my freedom, development, multi-tasking machine. AppPhones are good for people like my wife that want to check her bank account, and make phone calls, they aren't really power user devices in the least. While your 6 posts will be missed around here, we will probably find a way to move on without you.

One thing, I'm not really sure what's holding you back from just switching now? ETF? I wouldn't let a little thing like a ETF discourage you from being "truly happy" with your wireless device.

PS,
Why go to the trouble of posting this here? Why not use it as a "Hey look at me, I left Android for Apple" intro on an iPhone board? Nobody cares here.

Upvote 0
I absolutely love everything about the Dinc and Android but I have had a decent amount of issues with it.

One thing I will say about the I-phone is that it worked for me and I personally had very little issues. The Incredible I have had one issue after another (low disk space, crappy battery, call dropouts, the silent call bug, frezze ups, random boots, etc. etc.) and am on my second phone. This kind of stuff needs to get fixed or I will definitely be at least considering.

Upvote 0
Now I know I will get bashed a lot, but I feel I know what I am talking about.
I've done the whole nine yards rooted, tried multiple roms, tethered
You tried multiple roms, but didn't seem to find what you liked. So, what was missing for you?

Yes it comes down to personal preference, but I feel that the iPhone is a much better phone for me.
You aren't kidding there. But like most sane users, once they pick up an Android device, the Apple appeal quickly dies off.

Syncing with iTunes is a huge plus mostly for my movies
DoubleTwist (among others) works great.

Integration with gmail is just as good as it is on the Android
Disagree there. Having my google contacts integrated into the phone and email is just something that Apple doesn't have. No backup worries either..

Android has an up on google navigation
Well, it has more ups than that. Being able to root, try other roms, tether, etc...

But the biggest thing I feel is the App Store. I recently test drove my old ipod touch and wow. The selection is great and the quality of apps is so much higher then android. You can't tell me that you look at app comments in android and see people always complaining about their specific android phone not working with that app

That...I hate
Ah yes.. cant live without all those quality fart apps. :rolleyes:
Sorry, but Apple only has a "vibrant" app store, because it started two years before Android. However, to say the quality of apps is better than Android is just foolish. Just because there aren't a ton of beer, fart, and joke apps, doesn't make Androids worse...

The final thing I'll comment on is the iphone and its connector....almost everything has it and makes it such a universal mp3 player, and now airplay for iphone? that will take over home theater system like it nothing will android sits in the dust due to its many phones.
Ah yes. that stupid universal connector. Sorry, but BS that "almost everything has it". The only things that have it are marketed as iPod accessories. It is just as easy to buy something that doesn't have it. Then you are up a creek. Thanks but no thanks.. i will stick with my industry standard USB connection.

Yes I know you guys ill hate me, but it's what I think. I will be done with android and its force closes as soon as the verizon iphone comes out and I wont look back

Yes, i do hate trolls. Frankly, i hope VZ does the smart thing and never carries Apple, but i doubt that will happen..

For what its worth, the ONLY thing i use my iPod 3G for is the air mouse feature... other than that, android does it all better for me.

Upvote 0
Don't hate you, I pity you. Put iTunes on your computer and see what a processor hog that thing really is. Even with it running in the background, all of the things it needs to function properly bogs down most any system. Yeah, I guess the app store probably does top Android for now, it is several years ahead in development. Android will catch up and surpass it. Free market systems always dominate controlled systems, given time. Your phone would have NO force close errors if you didn't root. I guarantee that if you "jailbreak" an iPod 4 and load different ROMS, etc, you will come up with a conflict or two. But hey, enjoy your AppPhone, I'll enjoy my freedom, development, multi-tasking machine. AppPhones are good for people like my wife that want to check her bank account, and make phone calls, they aren't really power user devices in the least. While your 6 posts will be missed around here, we will probably find a way to move on without you.

One thing, I'm not really sure what's holding you back from just switching now? ETF? I wouldn't let a little thing like a ETF discourage you from being "truly happy" with your wireless device.

I am a power user and I disagree to a point.

I am not rooted and have force close issues. I also have had call's dropout and other issues I mentioned earlier in this thread. I use my phone for business so I can't afford to have issues with e-mail's and phone calls as that is the reason I switched to Verizon's network.

As far as the app store I hope you are right about that. The main thing that annoys me with the apps. is just about EVERY single app that I had on both phones were light years better on the I-phone. I have been in contact with several developers about this issue and they all say it's b/c of all of the different platforms for the OS (really doesn't make a lot of sense to me but a whole diff. argument). That needs to change. A good example of this would be the Facebook app. (which I barely use but it is extremely noticeable IMO).

I love everything about the Android system with the exceptions of the issues with my phone and the apps. compared to the app store.

Upvote 0
It's funny- I used my old iPod touch last night and came away with just the opposite feeling. I was especially frustrated by the lack of 'hard' buttons (Menu, Back, Search). On several occasions I though to myself... "how the hell do you pull up a menu of choices?"

Apple is clearly a design innovator, but Steve Jobs seems to have an infatuation with reducing the number of buttons on a device. He fought the two-button mouse for decades. The lack of 'always available' commands on the iPhone / iPod touch is a bit infuriating.

I concur with your thoughts on the availability of high quality apps and dock-type accessories. Nonetheless, if I had go get a brand new phone on January 1, I would still choose the Incredible.

Upvote 0

PS,
Why go to the trouble of posting this here? Why not use it as a "Hey look at me, I left Android for Apple" intro on an iPhone board? Nobody cares here.

Haha I figured I would get a few people like you. Apps are these phones (android) (iphone) (win7). I mean what else do you do with a phone then? Stock messaging? Take pictures?

I have never had and iPhone, but loved the iPod touch and borthers iPhone.
I use Mac and PC dualboot and I feel that itunes is a great program (I think its more bloated on PC tho haha). All my movies and music are perfectly organized and run on my apple tv. My technology doesn't need me to run it like most PC setups and thats what I want...girls come over I want them to enjoy the easy usage of the apple tv with itunes for movies and not me standing over their shoulder telling them every button to push.

Upvote 0
You tried multiple roms, but didn't seem to find what you liked. So, what was missing for you?

You aren't kidding there. But like most sane users, once they pick up an Android device, the Apple appeal quickly dies off.

DoubleTwist (among others) works great.

Disagree there. Having my google contacts integrated into the phone and email is just something that Apple doesn't have. No backup worries either..

Well, it has more ups than that. Being able to root, try other roms, tether, etc...

Ah yes.. cant live without all those quality fart apps. :rolleyes:
Sorry, but Apple only has a "vibrant" app store, because it started two years before Android. However, to say the quality of apps is better than Android is just foolish. Just because there aren't a ton of beer, fart, and joke apps, doesn't make Androids worse...

Ah yes. that stupid universal connector. Sorry, but BS that "almost everything has it". The only things that have it are marketed as iPod accessories. It is just as easy to buy something that doesn't have it. Then you are up a creek. Thanks but no thanks.. i will stick with my industry standard USB connection.

Yes, i do hate trolls. Frankly, i hope VZ does the smart thing and never carries Apple, but i doubt that will happen..

For what its worth, the ONLY thing i use my iPod 3G for is the air mouse feature... other than that, android does it all better for me.

Android can Tether?????? haha so can the iPhone, so I don't get why the arguement there...

A lot of the things you like are from rooting which, of course you know, I can jailbreak an iPhone. Roms are alright but I'm like stuff working all the time and it's hard to come across a rom that works PERFECTLY

App Store: Fart Apps really thats the best you can do? come on, We both know that the games, apps, and utilites are amazing on the iPhone...Example I recently saw that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 came out and I wanted to try it out but only on iPhone and game consoles. It's little things like that. Now give android app store a few years and it will probably get better, but with how support for devices goes so fast with new android devices constantly coming out...I feel that I will be left in the dust quicker then with the iPhone.

Upvote 0
Android can Tether?????? haha so can the iPhone, so I don't get why the arguement there...

From what I've tested with my brothers and roommates iPhone 4 and speed tests. Android Hotspot doubles the up and down rates of a wired tether for iPhone.

A lot of the things you like are from rooting which, of course you know, I can jailbreak an iPhone. Roms are alright but I'm like stuff working all the time and it's hard to come across a rom that works PERFECTLY

Jailbreaking an iPhone leaves you with the same issues. We have a jailbroken iPad and regular one. They dont come as FC, but there are still issues. As for the whole ROM thing, think about it for 2 seconds and take a look at version numbers. Most never actually say there are no issues so dont expect there to be none. And the ones that are do actually work well, but lack the features of the 'buggy' ROMs.

Let me make one thing clear, I hate apple but respect my close friends opinion (almost 50:50 between android/apple in my group of friends). My buddies with the 3GS were devastated when iPhone4 came out because it RUINED their phones. I felt bad, fragmentation works when each phone has the proper OS that is tailored for it. Sure 2.2 works on a G1 (buddy has it) but 1.6 runs WAY faster and at least he is given the option, unlike you when iPhoneX+1 comes out.

App Store: Fart Apps really thats the best you can do? come on, We both know that the games, apps, and utilites are amazing on the iPhone...Example I recently saw that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 came out and I wanted to try it out but only on iPhone and game consoles. It's little things like that. Now give android app store a few years and it will probably get better, but with how support for devices goes so fast with new android devices constantly coming out...I feel that I will be left in the dust quicker then with the iPhone.

This is what really pisses me off. If you do a comparison of genres and you take Games & Miscellaneous away from both markets, they are almost the same amount of apps, do some research. Then, consider the fact that the percentages of Paid:Free are almost exact opposites for Android and Apple.

I'm stating my opinion, but do some research before you go calling out other people on theirs.

And I love this forum, and the community inside it, but really? this is your entry into the forum? An I love Apple post?

Upvote 0
Haha I figured I would get a few people like you. Apps are these phones (android) (iphone) (win7). I mean what else do you do with a phone then? Stock messaging? Take pictures?

I have never had and iPhone, but loved the iPod touch and borthers iPhone.
I use Mac and PC dualboot and I feel that itunes is a great program (I think its more bloated on PC tho haha). All my movies and music are perfectly organized and run on my apple tv. My technology doesn't need me to run it like most PC setups and thats what I want...girls come over I want them to enjoy the easy usage of the apple tv with itunes for movies and not me standing over their shoulder telling them every button to push.

wait wait wait. so everything you own is mac? why the hell did you buy an android? dont you know steve jobs is going to take your soul now?

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN

Upvote 0
I think we're seeing the balance tip this year with the firstfruits of phones like HTC and Samsung as starting points. From this point on, I'll lay odds that Apple will be playing catch-up. History will repeat itself, just like the 80's. Yeah, I was around long enough to see it happen. Its the exact same scenario again. Its inevitable. There simply no way one company with one device-per-type a year will be able to keep up with a host of companies on a united platform. Fragmentation is being actively addressed. As the majority pulls ahead, the app quality will most definitely go with them. Denying that would be foolish. Another thing that nobody seems to think about.. Its sad, but I suspect Steve is likely not long for this world. I promise you'll see a nosedive in Apple when he's gone.

Reactions: NoShftShck16
Upvote 0
I think we're seeing the balance tip this year with the firstfruits of phones like HTC and Samsung as starting points. From this point on, I'll lay odds that Apple will be playing catch-up. History will repeat itself, just like the 80's. Yeah, I was around long enough to see it happen. Its the exact same scenario again. Its inevitable. There simply no way one company with one device-per-type a year will be able to keep up with a host of companies on a united platform. Fragmentation is being actively addressed. As the majority pulls ahead, the app quality will most definitely go with them. Denying that would be foolish. Another thing that nobody seems to think about.. Its sad, but I suspect Steve is likely not long for this world. I promise you'll see a nosedive in Apple when he's gone.

Interesting article from an enterprise standpoint:

Time to ditch the iPhone as Android is the future: Telstra - Telstra, Suncop, National Australia Bank, iPhone, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Buzz Insurance, Android - Computerworld

Couldn't agree more.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I guess the app store probably does top Android for now, it is several years ahead in development. Android will catch up and surpass it. Free market systems always dominate controlled systems, given time.

I agree on this. Angry Birds is a big example of it, it's free on Android but paid app on Apple App store. Iphone users are kicking themselves for paying for it, while we got it for free and have the ads to pay the developers.

Upvote 0
I agree on this. Angry Birds is a big example of it, it's free on Android but paid app on Apple App store. Iphone users are kicking themselves for paying for it, while we got it for free and have the ads to pay the developers.

they did announce that android is a far better option for companies to advertise on than iPhone.

Upvote 0
they did announce that android is a far better option for companies to advertise on than iPhone.

Which is a good thing for Android. More free quality apps, means more users, more users mean more ad money for these developers...

the effects keep going on, with this trend going, who wants to stick with apple and pay for their apps when you can get them for free? :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones