• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't wait for that 2.3!

saranokimi

Lurker
May 8, 2011
hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and to the Android world :)
I bought my SGS like 3 weeks ago, I don't know where it comes from actually, so I don't know when can I have my Kies Update to the 2.3.. (Honestly Can't wait!!)

I have a CSC: JP2 (XEC) .. if anyone knows which country is for XEC and if it is available for the update because I live in Morocco.
I looked for updates and how to do it, and I found that I have to root my phone? I don't exactly understand what is stands for, but my question if it's safe to do that?
And finally, what do you suggest? should I wait for the official update on kies?
Excuse me for I little know about these things.. ;)

Thank you all

Well, what are you going to expect from Gingerbread right now that you can't wait for an update? I'm running it for a few weeks now and trust me, Froyo (2.2.1) is more stable and faster than Gingerbread at the moment. As there are no major changes between the two firmwares there is no need to update right now. But if you really can't wait you can download 2.3.3 at www.samfirmware.com and flash it with Odin. By the way: There is a instruction at samfirmware.com how this works as well....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones