1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cant write on front of photo since update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MamaPook, Jan 31, 2014.

1. MamaPook

MamaPook Lurker
    None

Jan 31, 2014
    I have a Note 2 and used to be able to use my S pen and write a note on the front of the photo. Since the latest update I can only write on the back of a photo. Did they remove that option and why? ?

Advertisement

2. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Engineer
    Wichita
    Mine only wrote on the back back on 4.1.2 also, using the Photo Note menu option in the Gallery.
    But if you have the Samsung Photo Editor on your device, you can use that to write on the front with your S-Pen. From the Gallery > Menu > Edit > Select Photo Editor > Decoration > Drawing. Use the Pen options at the bottom of the screen to select pen type and color.

3. MamaPook

MamaPook Lurker
    None

Jan 31, 2014
    Thank you. I downloaded that and couldn't see a way to do it so I deleted it but since that time I went on the Samsung Support site and they told me that "Photo Frame" is what you use since the update. Unreal! It was one step before, now its two or three :/

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    How were you doing it before the update?
    I view the photo then take a screenshot with the s pen.
    I have edit photo after screenshot checked under display, so after taking the screen shot I can write on it.

5. MamaPook

MamaPook Lurker
    None

Jan 31, 2014
    Before, I had the option to "write note on the front of photo" and "write note on the back of photo." Now I just have the latter, however, I chatted with Samsung support and they said the new "Photo frame" gives me the option to write on the front of a photo.so what was a simple 1step process is now a 3 step process...progress? :/

6. dr danang

dr danang Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2014
    yep...I had the same problem.I contacted samsung support and they would not answer my question...then I sent them a nasty email saying how poor their customer service was...only then they answered me and simply said "you can only write on the back of photos"
    Their own marketing still shows that you can choose between a front and back option to write on photos in photonote with the s-pen. There are youtube instructables that show you how to do it.... but samsung support try to deny that the feature ever existed.
    Clearly they have changed the options in the last firmware update...why do they deny it.?
    Now youcan use 'photo frame' to write on the front but it crops the photo image even more.
    Shame on samsung...great phones but really lousy customer support