• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cant't d/load apps from market/google play on redux

davo26

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2011
this has been a problem on my wifes phone for aaages now, but we've always got round it by going to settings/apps/market(google play) and then uninstal updates.

now even this method isnt working. any ideas? it comes up with network connection error and force close.

rom is redux 1.2 i think. are we going to have to flash another rom to solve it? hope not, as this one seems to be best for battery life, which is what she needs right now.

thanks

If it comes to changing ROMs dGB is also pretty good for battery. It is however designed to be used without a2sd+ (ext partition) but using a custom HBOOT (which requires S-Off) to maximise internal storage.

Have you tried just clearing data in the market app?

Otherwise, can you tell us a little more about your setup? S-On or Off, if Off what hboot or mtd you are using. Though to be honest I can't think why a storage problem would cause a network connection error, so I'm just fishing on the off chance.

One wildcard - you could revert to an earlier version of the market, such as the version that came with Redux 1.2?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones