1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cap MyBackupPro problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndrewEVO, Feb 21, 2011.

1. AndrewEVO

AndrewEVO Lurker
    None

Oct 17, 2010
    I've had my captivate for about 4 months and, despite the initial dud that I exchanged, am actually pretty happy so let me start by saying thanks for all the great info on this site. I learned a lot when I first bought it and quickly went back to AT&T when I had the random shutdown issues on the first to start fresh.

I just installed mybackuppro after having the trial version on my phone and after the first back up, am having issues. The phone is not rooted but I do use LaunderPro. The issue is that all of my widgets stopped working:

Beautiful Widget homewidget has a working circle and says "loading" constantly
    Facebook works but NYT, ScoreCenter, DoggCatcher, Extended Controls, Flightview and a stocks program all show up with various issues- either not starting, or mostly stuck on "Loading data". None of them will even open their respective apps

Also, none will let me update (ie- adding flights to flightview) and all work as apps when opened through the tray (I can open doggcatcher and it works like usual but widget remains blank)

I've tried removing and adding the widgets again and I've tried reloading all the data from MyBackUp but nothing changes. Some problems get better or worse after restarts.

Did I do something wrong? Should I remove Launcher pro or mybackup and start over on one of them?

Thanks again!

Advertisement

2. gary1949

gary1949 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    retired
    Geneseo, NY
    I've been using MyBackupPro for a couple of months without any issues. Usually when a phone doesn't act properly it's because of the last change/modification you made. If installing MyBackupPro was the very last modification you made, I'd suggest uninstalling the app and see if that cures the problem. You can also try uninstalling your launcher to see if that fixes it, but do the uninstalls one at a time and keep checking to see if the phone is reacting properly.

Another thing that I do is to power down the phone, remove the battery, remove the SIM card, wait 10 seconds and then reinstall the SIM, battery and power up. This type of reset has worked many times for me.

Good luck.