• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Capacitive buttons stay lit?

Dabrador

Android Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2009
At night, I plug in the DT and use the clock app for my clock/alarm. I choose the 'night setting' which dims the screen.

The problem is the capacitive buttons stay lit at full intensity.

Is there a setting or some other solution to get them to turn off?

No... If you open the clock app, there's a menu in the upper right of the screen. One of the options is "night mode". Choosing that dims the screen. The problem is the capacitive buttons stay lit while plugged in.

Looking for a solution that will turn off the buttons.

Upvote 0
Good question. Daydream was on but no options were selected. Should I be using Daydream somehow?

There is a clock setting with night mode for Daydream, if the Turbo is anything like the Droid Maxx. You also need to tap the button at the bottom, when to daydream, which is set to when docked by default - you probably want it set to charging.

That said, if the Turbo is like the Maxx, that still doesn't stop the cap buttons from lighting. I believe that they are lit when the display is on and the light sensor determines that the surroundings are dark. Perhaps the best solution is to put the sticky part of a post it note across the buttons while you're sleeping, if Daydream is no different on the Turbo from the Maxx.

Upvote 0
Perhaps the best solution is to put the sticky part of a post it note across the buttons while you're sleeping, if Daydream is no different on the Turbo from the Maxx.

In this day and age, if you have to put the sticky part of a post-it note across the buttons of your phone to solve the problem, then this device simply isn't worth it.

Upvote 0
What is the droid dream daydream? I don't see that as an option for my DT.

In settings / display / Daydream, this is what I see on my list on the Droid Maxx. I'm not sure if the Turbo is the same...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-02-21-16-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-02-21-16-39.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Dabrador
Upvote 0
I checked those other apps...still lit.

I think the problem is this...the phone is plugged in at night while running (it's showing the clock). Because of that, the capacitive buttons are going to remain lit.

I just wish there were an option to control the buttons separately from the function of the phone.

Upvote 0
Charged mine last night. My alarm is set and my buttons were not lit. I don't know why you're having that issue to be honest. Weird. (I am using the Assist "sleep" mode - not the clock "night mode").

Was a clock showing during the night? I can hit the power button and turn off the display which also turns off the capacitive buttons. The problem is, the clock is also off which defeats the purpose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones