1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

capitvate hanging up on calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phantom76, May 17, 2011.

1. phantom76

phantom76 Newbie

Hey all

My wife and I both have captivate running 2.2 however have both noticed that our phones are prone to hanging up in mid call.. I assume this is because of where the end call key is located on the screen and if may get bumped by a cheek... Anyone know of a solution to this somewhat annoying issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. automagrt

automagrt Member

I'm having the same issue. Never happened under 2.1. Now the screen will turn on mid-call and I hit the end call button, mute button, bluetooth, etc. Extremely annoying. Just one more reason this is a terrible phone.

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

I use widgetlocker ($2) but well worth it. Now when I make or receive a call once the screen goes black and I wake it back up in order to do anything I have to unlock it so no more accidental hang ups or answering from my pocket as I slide the phone out. Plus I can create a custom lock screen to get to apps or even the camera without unlocking the phone.

4. automagrt

automagrt Member

That's nice but I shouldn't have to add some workaround let alone pay for it. This phone is a joke and Samsung is laughing all the way to the bank.

5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

its true but widgetlocker serves other functions as well not just to prevent the accidental cheek hang up. and the hangup issue isnt just for this phone i was having the same issue on my inspire if the light sensor gets even the slightest amount of light like i moved it away the screen would turn on leading to the cheek hang up.

i was looking around the market and came across a free app called Don't Hang up! i havent had a chance to try it yet

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews