1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cappy is a pain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amber18, May 29, 2011.

1. amber18

amber18 Lurker

Hi Guys,
    I have a captivate running the latest cyanogen mod 7. My phone connects to the computer just fine and I can transfer files at will. However I want to flash the rom Obsession but when I do my phone goes into a boot loop. I can get out of the bootloop by getting into cwm recovery and restoreing cyanogen. I feel the problem is in the bootloaders.....hence the problem. I am trying to use odin 3 with no success. I put my phone into download mode....start odin and odin will not recognize my phone...and neither will my computer. I have used odin before to reflash to stock. but I can't get it to see my phone now....Ideas or suggestions??? thanks everyone....hugs

2. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

Try a different USB port.

3. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast

It's not a USB issue...it's related to CM7, and the bootloaders, as the OP surmised.

OP, check the MUIU thread on XDA. I'm pretty sure that one has tips/hints on getting back to stock from CM7/MUIU. I seem to recall something about getting Nexus S drivers and the "expanded" version of Odin.

Hopefully that will at least get you in the right direction.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews