1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CAPTCHA impossible for visually handicapped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dkurland, Oct 2, 2011.

1. dkurland

dkurland Lurker

[FONT=&quot]The Market app on my Android phone (a Samsung Fascinate from Verizon, but also on my daughter's Motorola Droid 2) sometimes asks me to enter the text of a CAPTCHA image before allowing me to sign in. I am visually handicapped, and find these images nearly impossible to decipher, even when I have a high-power magnifier handy. I'm sure I'm not alone here; don't they need to provide an alternate means of authentication, or make the images (a lot) less cramped? I often can't tell where one letter ends and the next one begins. For example, if the text contains "rn" or "cb", those can look like "m" and "do" to me. This really could be an ADA issue; have they considered that?

(Not sure if this is the best sub-forum for this thread, since it's probably tru on all Android phones and is more likely a system or Market-app issue, right?)
    [/FONT]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

Some Captchas have a feature that will audibly read out the letters you have to enter...did you check for that?

Also, slightly off-topic, for your PC there's an extension for Firefox called "Captcha Monster" that automatically fills in the Captcha answers for you. Takes about 10 seconds to do so, which is longer than it takes me to type in the answer, but for you it might be useful.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews