• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

captivate and 3500mah extended battery, Help

deezdrama

Lurker
Apr 29, 2011
my captivate is v2.2 froyo rooted w z4 and lagfix, My stock battery barely lasts me through a night at work,

I ordered a 3500mah battery from ebay and when i received it I charged it overnight with my phone off....

The next day was a miracle! Battery stayed at 100% for 2 hours, by the end of the day I still had 60% battery left!

I read that the first couple charges need to be cycled so i tried to drain the battery by playing a movie over and over with screen brightness and volume at max.....

the battery lasted forever, after getting it down to 7% I charged it overnight- sameway with phone off, but now nomater what i do it only lasts the length of a stock battery.

I tried unplugging,plugging back in, phone off , phone on, waiting hours after it says 100%(on charger overnight) and tried ac and usb charging, but it just isnt seeming to charge all the way.

I was going to buy a second extended battery and an external battery charger but all the external chargers i see on ebay say are only good for li-ion batteries up to 2000mah, plus i had to modify my otterbox defender case to support my new battery and it would be a pain to have to take case apart everytime i swap batteries.

Ive been reading for days about what to do to no avail, all the external chargers i see arent rated for 3500mah capacity and I wouldnt mind flashing a custom rom that would support extended battery charging but the more research i do the more confused i get.....

Is there a kernal out there that is stable and supports charging these batteries with no bugs or issues????

What custom rom would be best?

please help......:thinking:

any info is greatly appreciated

High quality batteries are not inexpensive, and $9.99 for a 3500mah battery including a new camera back isn't going to purchase a quality product.

I've been using the Seidio 3300mah battery for quite a while and have had excellent performance . . . it's from a company known for supplying quality products, and it's expensive.

You get what you pay for . . . :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones