1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Captivate bricked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndreaCristiano, Dec 24, 2010.

1. AndreaCristiano

Bricked captivate and best buy was sold out. So now I am stuck with an HTC aria until they get more. No comparison. The only pluses that the HTC has is a led light notifications and what feels like a slightly better build quality. Other than that phone sucks

Advertisement

2. AndreaCristiano

You think not having froyo is bad shit try having eclair on an inferior phone makes me never wanna complain about slow updates again. Sunday can't coke.soon enough

3. xeni0o

xeni0o Newbie

You cant flash using odin?

4. AndreaCristiano

I tried nothing worked it wouldn't go into recovery mode for nothing. Now I'm stuck with this elf phone counting the min till Sunday

5. hd779

hd779 Newbie

Do you still get the white at&t screen, have you tried a jig?

6. AndreaCristiano

After trying everything I swapped it now I have the HTC aria can't wait till I get the captivate back

7. Jofaba

Jofaba Android Enthusiast

How did you brick it? Not sure why you're knocking the Aria it's a great phone. Not fully comparable to the Captivate but it's no piece of shit.

What happens sunday? What are you going to do with your bricked phone?

8. AndreaCristiano

i am not nor did I say the aria is a piece of shit. Just coming from a captivate its a definite downgrade. Dunday I exchange the Aria for a captivate again.

9. AndreaCristiano

UPDATE!!! So Sunday came and I went to best buy to get a new captivate and alas there were none so I was not happy with keeping the ARIA at all so the guys at best buy let me swap for whatever I wanted got a NEXUS S OMG this phone is awesome I like it so much better than the captivate and the EDGE on AT&T doesnt affect me as im on wifi 99% of the time freaking sweet!! If you guys have any questions let me know

10. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert

I'm sure the S is great but I couldn't imagine being stuck on edge

11. AndreaCristiano

The only time i would have edge is on the road on at my home and restaurant which i work 65 hours a week im on wifi so there really are maybe a handful of hours that I have edge so its not a real worry to me

12. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Android Enthusiast

My reason for not buying a NS yet. Really hoping for another version of the NS with AT&T 3G bands....

13. AndreaCristiano

well like I said for me its not an issue so im good and loving my phone:D

14. Blazablaz

Blazablaz Newbie

Can you try searching a few websites on edge. Let me know more or less how fast the pages load up? i live in NJ too.

15. AndreaCristiano

there at about 9-12 seconds depending on the pages and the content on those pages its slower but not death and like I said I'm on wifi alot so its no big for me

16. Blazablaz

Blazablaz Newbie

Did you think if you were only using edge, you would be satisfied with the speeds?

17. AndreaCristiano

It didnt bother me i mean I dont really browse the web on my phone unless im at work( dont have a computer) and i have wifi there. Also I'm also not so worried the difference 3 -5 seconds or 9-12 isnt really huge we just make it out to be

18. AndreaCristiano

here is my advice to you turn of your 3G for a day or two and see if you can deal. then go from there

19. sremick

sremick Android Expert

No expandable storage via MicroSD on the Nexus S. Major dealbreaker for me. 3G aside (which I'd also need).

20. AndreaCristiano

if you really need more than 16GB then yea for me I dont load all my music on my phone thats what i have an 80G ipod for the little music i use on my phone is just for the occasional listen