• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate display does not light

Mer80cedes

Lurker
Sep 11, 2013
Hello,

Captivate Glide i927

I replaced the complete screen assembly and installed a new ribbon after the screen cracked. The lower lights (home, search, back button etc) work and also the keyboard lights. The ATT chime sound works too but the display does not light up when powered on.

What could cause the issue to be beside a damaged screen/ ribbon strip?

Cheers,
Robert

I Refuse to send the phone to a repair shop!

Connected the phone after replacing ribbon/ screen to the comp for Kies and it is saying the phone is locked. Since the display does not light, the correct code can not be placed in. Can someone please place a picture of the unlock screen mode here? The display touch pad works so if the position of the numbers can be aquired, the phone can be reset.

Thank you,
Robert

CORRECTION: It is the lock code that you set to keep others from accessing, not meaning the phone is locked in that other term.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones