• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate e-mail doesn't work while connected to Wi-Fi

megajos

Lurker
Aug 20, 2010
I have been having trouble with my e-mail since I bought the Captivate a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes the e-mail will come through to my phone within seconds, sometimes it takes hours and sometimes it never comes through unless I shut down and restart my phone. I originally thought it was happening all the time but I now realize that it only happens when I am connected to Wi-Fi. I literally can send myself a test e-mail thats will come right through and then turn on Wi-Fi, send myself another test e-mail and the e-mail won't come through until I reboot the phone. My e-mails are set up through G-Mail and I have used both the stock e-mail app and mailDroid and it is the same on both. I was starting to think that it may be my router but my wife's iphone works perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I haven't seen anyone else with this specific problem. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones