1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Captivate factory resets itself - randomly loses data connection !!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlira, Feb 11, 2011.

1. jlira

jlira Lurker

This is the second time my ATT/Captivate has reset itself! I've had the phone for about 4 months. Both times the phone just completely reset itself back to factory defaults, erasing everything on the phone. I only have a few apps loaded, and no task killers. I am using gmail and exchange. Both times it reset itself it was plugged into USB charging. This most recent reset was terrible. I was at a hotel out of town on business, got to the hotel at 1am and had to be up by 7 to visit a customer. 2:30 rolls around and I hear my phone startup sound - pick up the phone to check it and everything is back to default!!! I really wanted to throw this piece of sh!t out the window... this is terrible.

Resets itself while sitting idle for no reason.

Randomly loses data connection after it has been powered up for some time. 3G and Wifi are both available, but phone cannot access the data network for market downloads and all webpages say cannot load. Power cycle fixes the problem, but this is a very inconvenient issue.

Not happy with this phone!! :mad: I hate everything about iTunes but I may be tempted to get an iphone after dealing with this hunk of junk. Worked great for a while, now it seems to be nothing but issues. Phone has never been dropped or abused. Other than these issues, the sxcreen quality, UI, and features are excellent. Too buggy for business use. If I cant get these issues fixed I may have to switch phones.

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

I have had the data connection problem 2x and my phone wouldnt connect through 3g or my wifi, but also when ever this happened I also lost the ability to receive text messages. Tech support was useless and had to reregister my phone and factory reset. Second time I was given a new sim card, this fix seemed to have taken care of that issue

3. jlira

jlira Lurker

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, factory reset is part of my problem and it still happens. When I reboot my connection is back, so I couldnt imagine it being my sim but I may swap it with a new one just to see if it helps. This is really annoying.