• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

captivate forum?

Phases...isn't the Samsung Captivate the same as the Samsung Galaxy S...same phone just different name/branding? I don't think you need 2 Forums for the same phone.

Rob and I weren't sure how we felt about it, but figured if at&t was finally going to get a phone worth a heck, may as well have a forum for it.

If it goes nowhere it will be closed in time. In fact, I need to go through and do pruning soon.......

Upvote 0
Well this is just my $0.02. Both the Captivate and Samsung Galaxy S are GSM versions. They aren't like one GSM and one CDMA...which I can understand if you have two different forums for them. I think there'll be threads of same issues/problems for both of them...since there are 2 Forums...people in the Captivate one won't really go to the Samsung Galaxy S one...and vice versa so the probability of issues threads getting answer ASAP is diminished. Only reason I'd think you'd keep them seperate is one is for Europe/Asia market and the other is for USA market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones