• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate Free at WalMart

That's a credit check verification. I used to do those. Did you order with a plan or the free no contract?

Indeed they are credit check questions, but they are also used to verify identity sometimes.....If you have a credit monitoring service youll be able to know if they pulled something on you or not......

I ordered free and clear (phone only) so well see what happens...

Upvote 0
I passed their 4 questions ( letstalk) and they are picking my phone right now....$257 new total for 2 day shipping:D

I called at 5:59 and was able to get through. The guy had me verify my address, name and home phone then asked me a series of four questions about where I have lived, my bday, etc. Kinda weird but apparently I passed and my order has gone through.

Did you guys press 2 "because we've asked you to contact us" or 6 "for all other questions"?

Upvote 0
I dont see how. I got them and was told the order was cancelled due to pricing error.

But you also got the email about cancellation, right? He didn't get that email, and neither did I. Probably because the identity check and price QC are two different departments. I am still on hold until I get someone to ask me four questions.

Upvote 0
I call BS. Pictures or it's not true! It's not a done deal until it's on the Fedex truck. Never gonna happen.

I most certainly agree, but at least it's a race between the shipping department and price check and order cancellation at that point. Depending on the amount of orders one of them would catch up on his order first.

Upvote 0
That's a credit check verification. I used to do those. Did you order with a plan or the free no contract?

w/o contract. My order still looks good and has not been canceled. I might have been lucky.

9m0YH.jpg

Upvote 0
25 minutes on hold so far. If it's going to go through now it will 3hrs from now as well.

You can call back and press 2 to get sales dept. I had mistakenly ordered two yesterday and they cancelled the second order for me. I am sure they are not quite as swamped as the other call center people right now.

Upvote 0
I call BS. Pictures or it's not true! It's not a done deal until it's on the Fedex truck. Never gonna happen.

Has to be in your hands. They can recall the shipment after it's on the truck.

It can even be recalled after a deliverty attempt, for example if a signature is required, and they left a notice because they missed you, and then they get a call from the shipper to send it back.

This requires a bit of competence on the company handling the order, though. But it's possible.

Upvote 0
Yea, but you are doing an upgrade or new line right?

Please don't confuse this thread. It's for the $229 NO CONTRACT PHONE ONLY.

I am sure everyone that got it for Free or cheap with a new contract or a contract extension will get theirs. It's the no contract price that was wrong. We won't get ours unless we are EXTREMELY lucky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones