• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate from RadioShack - 3G not working

BananaFang

Lurker
Dec 3, 2010
So I just got a Captivate through a RadioShack upgrade deal and my 3G does not work. SIM Card is fine, WiFi is fine, etc.

My new data plan wasn't showing up for a few days on the AT&T site so I was waiting to see if that magically fixed it. It shows up now and the 3G still won't connect. Did RadioShack configure my phone wrong or do you think the error is on the AT&T server-end?

Are there any settings I can tinker with myself to try and enable it or am I stuck calling AT&T support or going by a store? Everything in the APN settings dialog appears to be read-only...

So I just got a Captivate through a RadioShack upgrade deal and my 3G does not work. SIM Card is fine, WiFi is fine, etc.

My new data plan wasn't showing up for a few days on the AT&T site so I was waiting to see if that magically fixed it. It shows up now and the 3G still won't connect. Did RadioShack configure my phone wrong or do you think the error is on the AT&T server-end?

Are there any settings I can tinker with myself to try and enable it or am I stuck calling AT&T support or going by a store? Everything in the APN settings dialog appears to be read-only...

When I updated to 2.2 (AT&T) I noticed that the APN wasn't set. I had to configure it myself to get 3G. I had no issue with voice or wifi but all data was down until I did this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones