1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Captivate Glitches

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Emcnelly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Emcnelly

Emcnelly Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Just to help people out i found a glitch where if you create a 7 digit contact then later try to update it to a 10 digit contact you will be unable to send text messages to the contact. At first it will appear to be the ten digit contact and allow you to send them a single message then if you leave the messaging program it will revert to the 7 digit contact and not allow you to reply/you'll get a error reply message. If you view the contact it will appear as the updated 10 digit contact i have tried everything to fix this and have been unsuccessful the only way Ive read is a factory reset which I'm trying to avoid and find a simple fix. How this occurs I'm guessing the phone stores the 7 digit number and never writes over it or something along those lines:thinking:. I'm pretty new to this stuff and need some experts for help would be very appreciated :D

Any opinions on using a file manager to find the contacts information and deleting it I'm unsure on how to locate it. :thinking:

Right now I'm hoping for a fix in the Froyo update but I'm not counting on that

Please post any other tips with glitches and how to avoid them here thanks!

Advertisement

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    You can wipe your contacts by going to settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> [menu button] -> filter -> All -> Contacts -> Clear Data.

3. Emcnelly

Emcnelly Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Thanks but that didn't work :( it just deletes some other data stored in the phone not the contacts themselves or whatever data is causing the issue. Looks like its coming down to a factory reset for such a silly thing, doubt its even a hard fix hoping for a froyo fix still haha guess we'll see.