• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate Home Button Backlight

Hey All,

New user here. These forums are very helpful! I just got my Captivate and love it so far!

One gripe I have that I have been unable to fix (I looked through the forums a bit) is about the 4 touch-sensitive home buttons at the bottom. The backlight fades out after only a few seconds. Is it possible to edit the amount of time the backlight stays on for?

Thanks for all your help!

I agree this is a bothersome issue. However that said, there is no perfect phone. I've found there is far less annoyances on my Captivate, than my other smartphones.

This model continues to become more enjoyable as little by little I find additional ways to optimize Eclair 2.1. I'm sure Froyo will be nice, yet I've got Eclair working so well, I'm skipping Froyo.

Android had become my favorite by a wide margin over all other mobile platforms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones