• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate is sluggish, how to speed up?

I got the Captivate a week ago. It seems like a lot of apps take forever to load (Facebook, Yahoo Mail, Craigslist, etc). Someone said something about disabling syncing features on apps, but I'm not sure where that is. Also, how can I uninstall the AT&T apps?

If you have a Task Killer, uninstall it and reboot.

TKs sometimes cause intermittent, inexplicable probs, such as lag or notifications not sounding or email/sms/mms not sending, etc.

BTW, The AT&T bloatware only affects reboot time. After reboot, they're usually just taking up memory, but not using CPU cycles. So don't worry about them "in the background". Read the article in my signature for more details.

Upvote 0
Beyond the ATT bloatware, can I uninstall core apps that I don't use such as Facebook and thus free up memory and storage?

1) Don't uninstall the stock apps. Bad Things can result. They are intertwined in the system in ways you won't expect. Use the "freeze" method in Titanium Backup, that way you can undo it if something breaks.

2) Removing a stock app doesn't free up storage. You can't use it for something else.

Uninstalling stock apps - CapFAQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones