• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate losing its appeal... I've made a pact:

maybe im lucky but i havent really found anything to complain about on my new captivate yet. its been slightly buggy for me, but still better than the jailbroken iphone 3g i was using for two yeas prior.

i was half considering switching returing the captivate to get the inspire (will still be within my 30 days) but i cant see anything about the inspire that is really that much better besides the larger screen, and more recent version of android OS. looks like the screen probably isnt as pretty as the cap, it comes with less built in memory, smaller battery.....im still debating.

the other thing is the 50 dollar price i paid for the cap. maybe had i paid 149 for it, then it woudl be more 'inspired' to switch. horrible i knwo.

Upvote 0
3: Dialer. This is related to issue #2 but I'm listing it separately because it's very important. The issue was exacerbated in December when I was with a friend in Target, he passed out, hit his head extremely hard on a counter and someone had to call 911. The ambulance took him away and I had to call his family and let them know what happened. His mom didn't pick up but called me back a minute later and the DAMN PHONE WOULDN'T LET ME ANSWER! It was ringing but had a blank screen... then the screen came up but wouldn't let me swipe the green 'answer' tab and I had to miss the call. I was so frustrated. What if I had to call 911 and my phone locked up? Every second counts when someone needs medical assistance.

This has happened to me a few times. If you "Swipe to Answer" like you normally would do, your phone will receive the call. You just won't know who is calling you since the screen is black.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones