• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help captivate music player

chmagic

Jul 27, 2010
This maybe a silly question but how do you turn the music player off ? It has a pause but no stop if i go to home it still plays. I have been going to my settings and app/running serv. and shutting it down that way, but I'm sure there must be an easier way.

Wait so, this is my problem as well. Also was a bitch figuring out how to get albums to play. Conventional wisdom told me that if I clicked on a song, it'd just play that song over and over again. But I guess it starts the album.

but now I can't turn it off. Odd! So you really can't turn it off ?!

Upvote 0
I am still trying to figure out what the problem is. If i hit pause and return to the home screen it is off for all practical purposes. If I go back into the music player I can select "now playing" or pick something else.

I don't see this as much different then any other phone OS.

What exactly does "all practical purposes" mean though? Is it eating up any of the battery? I use JuicePlotter to figure out my bad habits. I tool around the net and some games at lunch. My plot goes from a near flat steady line, to a perfect slant at lunch, and either continues that slant down or starts steadily decreasing after lunch. That means I've got stuff running that's eating up my battery that I didn't close out of properly at lunch time. So that leaves me to believe that pausing my mp3 player program isn't exactly the same as turning it off. Maybe I'm wrong, that's just my layman's experience.

4983398583_1f62b1cd85_m.jpg

one day I left something on (no idea what) and ended up with this!

4983404045_fb84136f27_m.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying - i didn't see any previous mention of battery drain.

I don't know what type of battery life you get, but I can go 2 days with basic use and 1 day if I really use my phone a lot. If you can catch that downward line in action, you should be able to figure out what process is to blame - the built in battery usage tool would hopefully show it.

Upvote 0
If you can catch that downward line in action, you should be able to figure out what process is to blame - the built in battery usage tool would hopefully show it.

You have to understand that there's a "real world" aspect here. I have zero ability to "catch that downward line" because during that time I'm working. I can't stop working to check out how my phone's battery life is doing.

I have no idea what "built in battery usage tool" you're talking about. I've never seen it. Even the battery usage tool that I've installed is pretty vague.

The end concept here is that when you put your phone down; and after you've settled yourself back onto your home screen, you have an assumption that you've ended all tasks and have put the phone to sleep. For you to "wake the phone back up" and see that your battery has been draining due to the activity of some background "previously considered killed" task, well that's a tragety that you can't come back from. It means that when you need your phone the most, it may not be there for you; simply because you forgot to close an application.

It's already been shown that if you run below 15% on your battery that your default camera program will refuse to run. What's that? Imagine if you were stuck in a terrible world changing event and because you "only" had 15% left of your battery you couldn't capture it to share with the world. What's 15%? It's not low. Not in my book. Low is "taking this picture will result in the inability to call 911 after you take it." In my world, 15% doesn't equal that.

Upvote 0
I don't know what type of battery life you get, but I can go 2 days with basic use and 1 day if I really use my phone a lot.

I've only had my Captivate for a week, but I've been studying it pretty hard, trying a few apps etc. First thing I read up on was configuring and monitoring for battery and data usage excess. (200 MB Plan) If I talk for 45 minutes, I can barely make it through the day without recharging. Seems a bit excessive, but I love the phone, so I guess I'll order a couple of back ups... now if I had a way to alternate them while they charge... I haven't seen anything that impressive for under $30 just to charge them. I guess that's just the price you pay for being a geek, huh? I don't think my old Razr2 V9x was a whole lot better than that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones